Very simply, Art is who I am.
The process of creating, imagining and implementing a visual statement is WHERE I am … and where I have always wanted to be.
There is the enjoyment of the multiple materials, endless media combinations, experimentation and the thrill of the end result. The question: Is it complete? is always there.
I strive to challenge the viewer, pique their interest, inspire the imagination, transport them to a pleasant place and give them a new reality. Often my pieces are intended to take me and my viewer to a memory long secluded.
Size is never a limitation. My work has ranged from 2 canvases 6’ x 6’ hanging together, to a 10” x 10” Collage. Working concurrently on several pieces of diverse media is an exhilarating experience, and forces me to re-evaluate the main components of each as I progress.
This discipline also flows into design of spaces and combination of materials, as in use of tile.
Click on an image to view it larger or in a slideshow. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing my artwork. Prices are available on request.
Mixing multiple medias to make a statement in various sizes has been successful for me. My intention is to represent a mood, a thought, a story. The mixed media and color help to draw the viewer in and bring a memory to life. I strive to create interest in the piece.
Illustration and cartoon can be a satirical take on a subject. Children’s books are a venue perfectly suited to a drawing that helps the child understand the story. My illustrations help a reader visualize the words and their meaning. I work with the author to bring their imagination to the page. Each drawing, be it one or two pages, brings the story to life. Illustration for a card or invitation can be a personal message from the sender, welcome in today’s technical world.
- Born and grew up in Detroit
- Studied at Society of Arts and Crafts (now College for Creative Studies)
- Schoolcraft Community College
- Various Workshops and Classes
- Taught Grades 3-9 Cartooning and Collage in Community Ed setting
- Taught Artists Anatomy and Life Drawing in Private Studio
- Free Lance Commercial Art, including logo design….Portraiture
- Set Design…Community Theater
- Residential Property Administrator: 19 yrs.
- Tile Design Consultant: Studio Ceramiche’ Designer Division of The Tile Shop
- Tile Space Design Specialist/Illustrator: Expo Design Center
- Trades and Design Consultant: S.E. Michigan locations of The Tile Shop
- Consultant: Color*Design*Tile
Exhibits and Galleries
- “Everthing But The Kitchen Sink”, Lawrence Street Gallery, Ferndale, 2022
- Lawrence Street Gallery Invitational, 2021…2022
- “Emergence”, KickstART Gallery, Farmington, 2021
- “Think Small”, Lawrence Street Gallery, Ferndale, 2020
- Public Art Program, Farmington Hills City Hall, 2009 to present
- City Gallery, The Costick Center, Solo Exhibit(s), 2009…2011
- “Our Town”, Birmingham Community House, 2010…2012
- “Michigan Fine Arts Competition”, Birmingham/Bloomfield Art Center, 2010…2012
- “Mixed Up”, The Scarab Club, Detroit, 2012
- Livonia Invitational, Livonia MI
- Next Step Gallery, Ferndale
- Atrium Gallery, Northville
- Sixteen Hands Gallery, Ann Arbor
- Greektown/Walford Studio, Detroit
- Multimedia Works in Private Collections: North and South Carolina, Illinois, Michigan, Canada, Ohio, Florida
- KickstART Farmington Gallery and Artisan Shop Board
- Farmington Area Arts Commission (FAAC)
- Farmington Community Arts Council (FCAC)
You can reach me by phone at 248-444-4559, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the form below.